Nicole and I are are excited to produce a new Sex Is Funny show February 21.
We will have improv, sketch, burlesque and music, plus a weird raffle and delicious baking as usual.
Virginia Jack (okay okay, this is Nicole and I:)
Ryan Murphy & Amy Goodmurphy
Bita Joudaki & Christine Bortolin
At Little Mountain Gallery. Doors at 8, show at 8:30. 7 buckeroos.
See you there, sexy!
I’ve always really loved Brief Encounters shows. If you aren’t familiar with them, they take artists of different disciplines and pair them up to create something together for one show.
February 23rd I get to be one of the artists. I will be paired with Jenny Magenta, a burlesque dancer.
Come check us out! 9PM at the Railway Club in Vancouver Feb 23rd.
I’m the worst at updating my news, which is not, in itself, really news. I’m adding a media page for interviews and articles I’ve not posted, and am going to endeavour to update this more often. In the meantime, here is a recipe.
Chocolate Caramel Sparkle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (such as Rolo®)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Beat 1 cup white sugar,
brown sugar, and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and eggs; beat well. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture; mix well.
- Lightly flour hands. Shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 chocolate-covered caramel candy, covering it completely (sometimes this is easier with chilled dough). Repeat with remaining dough and caramel candies.
- Place 2 tablespoons white sugar in a small bowl. Press one side of each ball into sugar. Place balls, sugar sides up, onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookie is set and slightly cracked, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen
**this is for rolling the cookies in. 2T has never been enough in my experience, so just put some in a bowl a quarter cup at a time so you don’t waste any, but use as much as you need.
BONUS: These are also nice with a touch of sea salt sprinkled on them before baking.
Check out the Bonus Area for photos!
Dress: Evan DuCharme
Hair: Amy-Leigh Poitras
Make-Up: Carolyn Williams
I am so thrilled I’ve been nominated for a Leo for my work in Bruised! I am also really happy to say the Amy-Leigh Poitras and Carolyn Williams, who did my make-up in Bruised, have also been nominated! They were *such* a joy to work with and so skilled!
I’m excited to announce I won Best Actress in a Short at the Macabre Faire Film Festival (NY) for Bruised!
Come check out our new improv show! We have added a 9:15 show after out 7:30 as well.
Alongside me will be Nicole Passmore, Jamie Chrest, Julianna Maria, Diana Bang, Sarah Dawn Pledge and Brad MacNeil. Did you just say “Oh man. That’s going to be the best,” to yourself? Well, I’m here to tell you you’re right.
An interview I did with the fine fellas at Adventure Amigos on Wednesday night. You can hear the song I chose to open the show, which doesn’t fit most of what they do at all:)
This sure was great to read!